January 14, 2014
Eivind Josep Berggrav,
Bishop of Oslo, 1959
"Trusting God is Good for Your Health"
“I said to myself, ‘Relax, because the Lord takes care of you.’” Psalm 116: 7 NCV
God has given you the gift of your body. It comes with an owner’s manual, the Bible. All the instructions you need to take care of yourself and live a long life are found in it.
You already know a lot about that. These are the basics: proper nutrition, exercise and a good night’s rest. Today, I want to look at the first of four health factors you may not have thought of for living a long life.
Trusting God is good for your health.
- We heard it yesterday from Proverbs 3: 5, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” Why is trusting in God good for your health? Because when you trust in Him you don’t need to worry.
- Our verse for today reminds us, “Relax, because the Lord is going to take care of you.” If you really trust in God you’re going to be less stressed because you know that He is taking care of you, even when things aren’t going the way you planned it.
- And finally in Proverbs 14: 30 it says, “A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.” It’s not only what you eat that matters, it’s what eats at you. Have you ever thought about that?
You can have all the right microbiotic and organic food but if your body is filled with resentment, worry, fear, lust, guilt, anger, bitterness or any other emotional stressors or diseases, it’s going shorten your life.
So you have a choice:
- You can either worry or worship.
- You can either pray or panic.
The more you pray, the less you’ll panic. Relax, God is taking care of you.
Peace in the Lord,
Posted on Thu, January 16, 2014
by Marie Blair