December 4, 2015
"Faithful People are Generous!"
“So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth who will trust you with true riches? And if you have not be trustworthy with someone else’s property, who will give you property of your own? No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.” Luke 16: 11 – 13 CEV
A lot of times people think that to be generous you have to have a lot of money. The opposite is actually true. Faithful people will be generous even when they don’t have anything to give. Giving proceeds from the heart not from the pocketbook.
God uses generosity as a test. He wants to know will you trust Him to provide for you. The only way He knows that is by giving you opportunities to be generous and watching what you do.
Here are five principles which God uses to test you with that blessing:
- God gives to generous people. Why does He do so? Because He wants you to be like Him.
- Obeying God’s vision will bring God’s provision. God always provides the provision for the vision He gives you.
- When I do all that God tells me to do, He does what I can’t do. God often asks you to do the impossible to test your faith. When you give what you have, God multiplies it and makes up for it.
- When I have a need, I sow a seed. Whatever you need in your life, sow that as a seed and it will come back to you.
- There is always a delay between sowing and reaping. Just like a garden you can’t reap the harvest you have sown immediately. You have to wait for it to grow. That’s part of the test, waiting for God to produce the growth.
So the next time the opportunity comes for you to be generous, don’t look at your pocketbook, look at your heart. Is it prepared to be generous? If it is, do so and watch how God will bless you.
Peace in the Lord,
Posted on Fri, December 4, 2015
by Marie Blair