April 28, 2014
"Faithful People are Generous"
April 25 – Faithful people are generous
“So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else’s property, who will give you property of your own? No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.” Luke 16: 11 – 13
Faithful people are generous when they don't have anything to give. It's easy to give when you have lots. The challenge is to give while trusting God to provide.
Here are five principals by which God tests and blesses you:
1. God gives to generous people. – Why does He do it? He wants you to be like Him.
2. Obeying God’s vision will bring provision. – If you do what God tells you to do, God will bring you the resources to do it.
3. When I do all that God tells me to do; He does what I cannot do. – God often asks you to do things which appear to be impossible to stretch you. When you give what little you have, God multiplies it.
4. When I have a need I sow a seed. – Whatever you need in your life, sow that as a seed and it will come back to you.
5. There’s always a delay between sowing and reaping. –Why do you have to wait? God is testing your faith. Will you trust Him to provide?
Will you be faithful to give when you have little? Will you keep on doing the right thing? Will you do what God wants you to do no matter what the cost to see what God will do?
God is watching to see how you answer those questions, so He can bless you.
Peace in the Lord,
Posted on Mon, April 28, 2014
by Marie Blair